How to fix Windows 10 and Windows 11 activation error 0xc004f050?
For many users, upgrading to Windows 10 can be a somewhat unfamiliar process, but thanks to the handy upgrade features, it's very easy to do. Once you have installed the new version, you first have to activate it to be able to use the full range of features. The same applies if you completely reinstall your current copy of your Windows operating system. Even if you have a valid licence key, problems such as error 0xc004f050 often occur during this activation process. We will explain what causes this error and how you can fix the problem yourself.
Error 0xc004f050 can have two causes:
1) Possibly you downloaded the wrong software version. So for example you are trying to activate Windows 10 or Windows 11 Pro, yet you installed and downloaded Windows 10 Home or Windows 11 Home instead. If this is the case, the 0xc004f050 Error can be solved by simply double checking whether you downloaded the correct software.
2) If this doesn't work for you, please follow the instructions below.
UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 10 HOME or WINDOWS 11 HOME (step-by-step solution to 0xc004f050):
- (Disable your internet connection for the following process)
- Open the Settings app via the home menu (or the home page in tablet mode) and select the Update & Security category.
- Select Activation and then click the Change Product Key button. Enter the generic Windows 10 Pro key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T. This generic key converts Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.
- Restart your computer.
- After rebooting, you can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro, the operating system is no longer activated. Then enter the valid Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro key we sent you to activate it. This should fix the 0xc004f050 error.
In some cases, the upgrade may abort at 100% with an error. If that happens, reboot manually and your system will have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro or Windows 11 Pro. In this case also this will have fixed the 0xc004f050 error.
You can now activate it with your key.
Here is a link to a youtube video that explains it with English Subtitles:
If you have any other questions feel free to contact us.
Your Licendi Team